Sunday, July 31, 2011

Adventures in Alabama

Well yesterday I went with Sugoi, Kevin, Kinsman, and Andy to Alabama Adventures for a little while. It's the first time I had gone in like, two years. It was a blast, that's for sure. I rode one water ride, and waited for Kinsman, Andy, and Kevin to come down the huge slide that makes me want to throw up just looking at it. Then we headed off to the real rides. We rode Buzz Saw Falls. Now, it's not your typical log ride. This is like, ultimate log ride to the max. The front of the cart is shaped so that when you hit the water at the bottom, it creates this HUGE splash of water. It creates, like, a tunnel you go through. It was awesome. But, let me tell you, the best part is after the ride, when  you stand on the bridge that is right in front of where the cart lands. Oh man. This girl, maybe about 15, got thrown on the ground by the force of this epic splash. It was so totally wicked.
After that, Sugoi and Kevin went to find refreshment while Kinsman, Andy, and I went to continue our adventure. We rode the Stratus Fear. You get strapped into these seats and it slings you straight up into the air and then you fall, and then you go up again, and then you fall. And you repeat that a couple more times. It's way fun. It helps me over come my fear of falling. Then we rode the slingshot ride. I can't remember what it's called, but it's pretty much a slingshot with loops and barrel rolls. So funn. Except it made my head hurt and my stomach didn't like it all that much either.
Finally we met up with Sugoi and Kevin to eat and drink and be merry... Ok, maybe not. We did eat and drink and then we took our seats in the stadium thing they have to wait for Mike Posner to come out and sing to us. It was a pretty enjoyable concert. I didn't know most of his songs, but he is a good stage performer. Around the time it was time to go, I'm pretty sure my ears were about to burst. These two annoying girls behind us were screaming every five seconds at a pitch level I didn't know could be reached by a human. They sure did prove me wrong.
Once we got into the parking lot, we noticed that there was a couple making out in their car.. We really couldn't just leave them be. So we drove around them once, just to make sure that they actually were making out. And then Kinsman jumped out, pounded on their window, and ran away. I'm pretty sure that couple won't be making out in well lit parking lots any time soon.
Finally we were home. Once my head hit that pillow, I was out like a light. But it was definitely and enjoyable day. Now, I must go nap or I won't make it through the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment