Sunday, October 9, 2011

Singing in the Stadium

What a trip! I love stadium singing! For those of you who don't know what it is, basically, students and locals gather under the stadium at 9:30 on Sunday nights every week and sing hymns a Capella for half an hour. It's so awesome. The Spirit is so strong there. You don't have to be a good singer. You don't have to know the songs. As long as you have access to a hymnal, you're good.
I love starting my week like this. It's such a high. I just come out of there feeling good and I go to sleep with hymns buzzing around my head. It's such a great experience. Last fall and winter I wasn't really in to it. I kinda wanted to go, but no one wanted to go with me and so I never went. But now, the kids from the complex all go and it's a great way to get to know each other. You grow so close spiritually to these people you are singing with. Tonight, we actually had a random girl come and start singing with us and then she gave us all hugs when she left! It's was so weird, but not weird at the same time. I love it.
So far I've been pretty amazing. My roommates are such a great support for me, even though they don't realize how important they are to me. I've made some great friends with the people in my complex and with the people from my ward. They are all super awesome.
I love that I can walk up to the temple whenever the heck I want and do baptisms. It's such a great privilege to have a temple so close to the school. I'm definitely taking advantage of it as much as I can. I love looking across town and seeing the temple there standing like a beacon to us. It's beautiful and peaceful. I love the blessings it brings to me.
I'm going to hit the hay while I still have "If You Could Hie to Kolob" stuck in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment