Sunday, September 26, 2010

CTF and Sardines in Porter Park

Well, last night I went out with Sonja, Ellie, and Courtney to play Night Games with some guys from our ward. It was so much fun. Once we got to the park we decided to play sardines and to be safe, we split into pairs. My companion was this kid called Jolley. Ha, he was super cool. We ended up walking around the whole park and being the last ones to find everyone. Then we moved on to play CTF (capture the flag). We broke into two teams and divided the park. For the first game, Sonja found the flag, and she was on my team, so that was awesome! Then, we made new rules. We added a jail. I ended up being the guard for the jail. Well, Jolley, Courtney, and Dexter all got caught and put in jail. Then, somehow, Courtney and Dexter escape! And then they are caught again and Zack walks up. Then like three seconds later everyone but Jolley escaped. So I thought that Zack pretended to be caught so that he could free his teammates. So I start ranting about it. All in good humor, but Jolley is just standing there laughing and agreeing withe me. Then, Shane comes to jail, and then suddenly there he goes! With Jolley right behind him! Jolley was a spy! He wasn't actually ever caught! Oh man, I caught him and then let him have it! Haha. It was so much fun. Afterwards we walked back to our apartment to grab some hot coco and then off to Viking Village, the guys apartments, for some of Shane's awesome brownies. Haha, somehow we ended up talking about a instructor here that was raised a Jew and then converted. But the funniest thing was when Zacl said, "He's a JEW!!!" that night just was awesome.
I'm going to go backwards, so stay with me. Friday night I made Del Mills' Famous Chimichangas. Sonja and Shea helped make them, then Mike and Sonja helped me eat some. They were so delicious! I had about 15 left over, so I took some to Jedi's to share with his friends. And then the girls eventually ate the rest. It was a lot of fun. That night I also got a letter. Most of you know what that means. Man, that letter made my week! No, my month!! Man, I was so happy to get it! I wrote back immediately. Haha.
Now, today was fast and testimony and it was a great Sunday. I really enjoyed the lessons and the testimonies that were borne. After church Jolley, his friend, Courtney, and this other girl from our ward came and gave the first lesson to me and Ellie as part of their missionary training class. It was fun acting like someone who hasn't been to church in years. Courtney did a really great job teaching us about prayer.
Well, that about sums up my week. With any luck, most of us are going to to down to SLC for General Conference. I really hope it works out. That would be such a great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment