Saturday, May 21, 2011

One Week Down, 14 Left

Well, I can't say I didn't pick a boring job. This week, I learned how to "properly" clean a house. And let me tell you, it's not easy, at all. There are a bout a million steps for every type of room; the bedrooms, the bathrooms, the kitchens, the front rooms, the laundry rooms, and so on. It'sit's ridiculous. But, it gets the job done and gets me paid. So it's not horrible. I really like my manager. He's a fun guy. Easy to work with and laid back. On Monday I'll go out with the twins, Annette and Shannette, to clean real houses and work on my speed. Because at the training house, it took me about two hours per room.. And it's supposed to take about two hours to clean a house! So, hopefully I get fast, because I only get a week to learn how to go quickly, then I'm off on my own to clean by myself. It's really not that bad. I thought it would be a lot worse than it actually is. And, it gives me something to do. I'm not just laying around the house anymore, I'm making it possible for other people to just lay around.. LOL But really, it's not bad. I like being able to say "I can't cause I have work" or "I can't wait to get paid" or whatever. It will be nice to actually earn my keep:)

Also, it will be nice to get my mind of things. Ever since I decided to go back to Idaho, I've been thinking about what happened last time I was there and I've decided that it's in the past and I just need to move on. I know that Idaho is where I need to be, for whatever reason. And I shouldn't let the past stand in my way. Yeah, problems might arise, but, with the help of the Lord, I should be able to face them. I can't be scared or worried about what happens. Last time I lost trust in the Lord, I went down a path I shouldn't have. So I'm remembering to keep my mind focused on the Lord and what He would have me do, like that song we sang as children says "The Lord provides a way, He wants us to obey" I will go and do what He wants me to do, and if that means going to Idaho and running into Greg, then so be it.

I'm grateful for this job. I feel like it will teach me things I need to know for my future life, as a wife, mother, and friend. Let's just hope that I can give to it as much as I get from it.

1 comment:

  1. I love you. I think your attitude and prespective on this is awesome. I am glad you are coming back to Idaho, but more so then that I am glad you are trusting in the Lord and doing what you need to do :)

    ReplyDelete