Monday, June 25, 2012

Holy Wedding, I'm Getting Married

Yep, you read it! I'm totally getting married. You all probably know this because I have most likely sent you an announcement. And if I haven't don't be offended. It's cause I don't like you. JUST KIDDING!! It's cause I probably don't have your address or anyway to get it from you. Or I have asked you for it and you haven't had the chance to give it to me. Sorry!

But anyway, I'm marrying Alex Ripley.
He's in my stake and he's awesome. Just the right guy for me.
You know, I was never really fond of the saying "Stop chasing and you'll get caught" and I came back from school not expecting to meet anyone new. I figured I'd just have some fun, try and find a fun job and save up for school. I always figured the reason I went to Idaho was so that I could meet my husband. Lo and behold, I was so wrong. I went to Idaho so I'd be ready to meet my husband. And let me tell you: he's perfect for me. I really couldn't have picked a better companion. I guess you could say my testimony in my patriarchal blessing has been strengthened. Just when I thought the Lord had forgotten about His promises to me, He shows me that He hasn't. I am such a lucky girl!

So, the date is set! July the 3rd! 8 days from now I'll be Mrs. Alex Ripley. Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. I feel like just yesterday I was commenting on how it was 25 days till we tied the knot. And now it's only 8. When did that happen? I'm glad that it did, tho. Because when it was still 40 days out, I was dying. 

Plans are coming along smoothly, for once. I feel like during this whole planning things kept going wrong. But, in then all that matters is that we're married for time and all eternity. Seriously. I kept getting stressed out about things and Alex kept reminding me that that's what's important. And it helped. I was watching earlier today the movie 17 Miracles. And part of the story is a love story. It's probably one of the best love stories I've ever heard. Even better than Romeo and Juliet. All through out the movie, the line "It will all be worth it in the end" kept coming up. And really, it will ALL be worth it in the end. I sent Alex a text telling him how grateful I am for his desire to be married in the temple. Because really, anything less than forever is unacceptable and frankly, just not enough

It's so hard to wrap my head around changing my last name. Literally my whole life I have been a Knight. I don't want to say it's my identity, but it's a big chunk of it. I couldn't be happier to change it for this reason. To start a new family and be with one person for the rest of forever. But... I've always been Auvie Knight. And now suddenly I have to be Auvie Ripley. I guess I've never really prepared myself for such a change. I'm glad I get to do it, but still. It's crazy.


I'm so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment