Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hidden Faces Dance Party

Wow, what a week. It sucked! Well, for most of it anyways. But I have learned a lot!
Monday-Wednesday were the worst days of the week. There was some serious tension in the apartment, that I THINK we have worked out. But, we discussed it and so at least it's out in the open and we know it's a problem, which is probably why we are all good now...
Thursday rocked my socks off. I went to class, learned some stuff, hung out with Jolley and my roommates, watched a movie in 110 and then went and FROZE at a flag football game. The guys in my ward were playing the married dudes and Ellie, Sonja and I decided we should probably support them.. So we went. It was way cold. But we won:) That was the best part. Oh, and drinking hot chocolate in my warm apartment afterwards in celebration with John, Ellie, and Sonja.
Friday wasn't half bad. Just chillaxed and stuff. Took this amazing nap.
Saturday was the ball. It was way fun. Jolley came over in the morning and we decorated our masks, and then I got a pedicure with Ellie (the best part of that was that it was free!) and went to Wally World with Greg. That was way cold!! And then Aubrie did my hair for the ball and Sonja gave me a manicure. Sonja and I got hungry so we went to this place called Bambino's. OML, they are way good. They had super funny signs on the wall. Just letters that people had written. My favorite said:
Dear Boys,
Please stop proposing on the first date.
Sincerely, Girls.
And in response was one right next to it that said:
Dear Girls,
But I prayed about it!
Sincerely, Boys.
Isn't that great?!?!? I love it. That place is the bomb.com for reals. Then, I had just barely enough time to eat and get dressed and put make up on before Jolley came. Then we waited for John 106, Ellie's date, and headed off the the Hart for some good ole fashion dancing. They had a DJ in the lobby and in the gym they had a live band playing ball room type dancing, mostly a lot of swing. It was great because out of the four of us, none of us knew how to dance. It was so fun. Dancing for like, three hours straight is so tiring! But then we came home and played Apples to Apples. I HATE that game, mostly because I suck really bad at it. Ellie and Jolley kept getting all the green cards and eventually John made a come back. And then he felt bad that I was losing so he gave me one as a pity card. A PITY card!! Mean.
After the left we of course stayed up talking. Mostly, Ellie talked, I just fumed over my pity card.
Sunday was cool. I went to church, did my visiting teaching, talked with Bishop, and later that afternoon Joey came over with Shane and Taylor 107 to do this missionary thing for the mission prep class. Taylor was the preemie and Shane was the S.C. and Joey was our "dad". It was fun. Taylor is going to be a GREAT missionary. He leaves in January for his mission in Brazil. Way cool. After they left five of us went to Viking Village to invite people over after their priesthood meeting to play games. Out of all of the people we invited, only Greg, Jesse, John 110 and Cody came. So we played Catch Phrase and joked around. After that, I got to talk to my best friend. That made my weekend! Then I went with John 110 and watched Bolt. It was a cute little movie. Would have been better if Miley Cyrus didn't have a role in it. But nonetheless, it was cool.
Monday didn't suck as much as last weeks. But I spent the majority of it doing math. I had a project and a study guide and homework due the next day and I wasn't even close to being done with either of them. Greg came over and helped me a bit on the homework after I had finished the project. Then I tried to finish it on my own, unsuccessfully at that. FHE came around and after the lesson we made cookies and Stephen, my FHE brother, helped me with the rest of the study guide. The Ellie, Sonja and I went to 110 with John and watched a movie. OML, it was way good, but super scary.
Tuesday was fine. I finished my math work with my partner and then Hung out with Greg and James. It was a good day, tho I'm pretty sure I completely failed the exam I took. Ellie and I went to another flag football game but the other team didn't even show up! How rude!!
Today hasn't been half bad. About to go to class actually. :) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Boys,
    Please stop proposing on the first date.
    Sincerely, Girls.
    And in response was one right next to it that said:
    Dear Girls,
    But I prayed about it!
    Sincerely, Boys.

    LMAO!!!

    Other than the part about it being freezing cold up there, it sounds like you are having a really great time! I'm curious about all of this tension, I've never lived in a communal setting, its just me and my folks, and occassionally I hang with my grandpa... I rarely "chillax" with my friends right now anyways... Maybe that will change in the future lol.

    ReplyDelete