Wednesday, November 3, 2010

(Insert Clever Title Here)

Not a lot has been happening here this past week.We had our "Nightmare Before Halloween" party on Saturday and of course, it was WAY fun. So many people showed up throughout the night, we guesstimate about 80 in all. It was a huge success, even though I left half way through. I got bored, so I went with Greg and his roommates and FHE sisters party hopping. We ended up going to only one other party, but nonetheless, it was fun. Then I went to Viking 103 with Ellie and Sonja (after the party had ended of course) and watched When a Stranger Calls. It was great. Ellie always makes scary movies more scary because she screams for just about everything, which makes me scream, which then makes me laugh, and hurts my throat... and Joey's ears... But that's a different story. (Ellie and I watched What Lies Beneath with Joey and his apartment the night before and Joey sat next to me and Ellie and I'm pretty sure that we busted his ear drum.. and my throat muscles..) But it was just a great night. I dressed up as Little Red Riding-hood and had a blast.

Sunday was interesting. I received my very first calling. I'm assistant ward librarian. Fun stuff. Especially since Ellie is the ward librarian. But hey, I have a calling. And it's semi-legit. More legit than some other callings I have heard of, like Relief Society greeter... Lame right? But hey, whatever. I'm not judging... a lot..

I feel like college has taught me more about me. I used to think I would love getting out on my own, but the longer I am out here, the more I miss my parents and the guidance I once rejected. No longer can I just ask my father what I should do or ask my mother to make me something to eat, or to fix the holes in my life. I can always call them, but ultimately, it's now MY life to live and I have to make the decisions. It's a scary thought. But, I know that this is teaching me to become the mother and wife Heavenly Father wants me to be.


But yeah, that's all I have to say for now. Oh, one more thing, every time I went to spell the word "but" and the b was capitalized,  I always spelled it "BUt". How annoying. I think that I should just start avoiding using that word....

4 comments:

  1. You're so funny, they always have those made up callings in singles wards cause there are too many people that can hold callings, it's better to have a made up calling than to have two or three real one cause theres no one else to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True....shes right, real callings are tough....just ask me, I know :) I know its tough being out on your own, but we love having you here and Tucker loves it and talks about you constantly, even if he wont give you hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, Relief Society greeter; I can imagine worse callings, like shoe inspector, or stern look giver during sacrament... Thats actually really cool, lmao about the spelling thing, it happens the faster you type, you begin to notice your learned mistakes haha... Kind of like life I guess, the faster life goes, the more those things you didn't learn correctly bite you in the butt... So kudos on being on your own, I've been mostly living with my folks. I am very grateful for them. I believe they call this upmost respect filial piety, and it is a noble pursuit in many cultures. I was just learning about that in World Religions, honor your father and mother. In Confucianism it is one of the virtues to be held above all other. I also did some research on Mozart, and he so greatly respected his father, it would make you cry; I feel that I have fallen short often times. But I am learning still I guess, and I know that my parents love me very much... Too much sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I read your posting lol... I couldn't think of a clever title though for it... Woot woot? no how about "What the lord taught me" and pake it pt. 1 then have pt. 2 so on, and so forth... I don't know, if it were music that would make sense.. I'm way more in to music than blogstuff though... lol

    ReplyDelete