Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I don't know what to say..

I've written this post about three times now, and I have no idea what to say. I've changed the topic so many times. And I still don't know what to say.. There is so much on my mind right now.
I'm missing an old friend. She was someone I looked up to, and I admit, I stalked her blog to see how she is doing. I was happy to find she is great. That brings me great joy. I miss her. I miss our talks. Her advice. She would know what to tell me right now, if I could just talk to her. But, our friendship is gone. Maybe some time in the future, I can talk to her again. But for now, I've accepted our fate. Our paths are not meant to cross anymore, even though they were so enter twined before. All I can do now is read her blog, and know that she is doing well. That's way more than I could ever ask for.
I also just got done watching a movie. it's called Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. It's my all time favorite movie. Every time I watch it, I'm reassured that this is the true church. That bro. Joseph really is a man called of God, and those prophets that followed are, too. It baffles me that people don't see it. I admit, sometime my vision is foggy, but, when I think about the hell he went through, and his faith, my sight is cleared. His place beside the throne of God was made sure the minute he died for God's cause. For this sweet, sweet gospel. No other person can testify of the truthfulness of this church, than him. And for that, I'm thankful.
The gospel has been such a blessing in my life. I'm so grateful for it. Without it, I would be a very different person. I wouldn't have the love and friendship I do now. I wouldn't know the people I know and have the experiences I have. I'm not perfect, but that's the thing, isn't it. You don't have to be. You just have to try to be perfect, and that's all we can do. The gospel allows for repentance and forgiveness. I've had to use the Atonement so many times in my short life. But that's what it's there for. To use and use and use. Without it, I would never be able to see my Father again. And boy, do I miss Him. I miss Him like no other. Which is weird, cause I don't remember Him. I just know He loves me. And I can feel His love through this gospel. You couldn't ask for anything more than that. To know and feel His arms around you, in every moment of your life. Knowing that He misses you, and wants to see you again and take you in His arms and have you home again, it's just so over whelming.
Sometimes I feel like I'll never get there again. And that just kills me. It would be like me moving out of the house and then never being able to see my parents again. I went six months like that and by the end of it, I couldn't have been more happy to be home. So, everyday, I do my best to do the things that will help me return to my Father's kingdom. To hug Him and hear Him say "Welcome home, my daughter."
I know this gospel will take me there. And I'm going to do everything I can to get there.

1 comment:

  1. thats pretty deep. thank you for sharing and sorry about your friend, I hope you guys find a way to reconnect somehow :)

    ReplyDelete